The teacher works under the supervision of the principal to plan, organize, present and evaluate a program of instruction and to undertake other duties necessary in furtherance of the school's mission of graduating students who "fully live the values of Islam."
Requirements for Position
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in education or equivalent, with priority given to certified teachers.
- Teachers agree to abide by all RA rules and policies.
- The position requires the ability to apply knowledge of current education, instructional theories, methodologies, techniques, principles and knowledge of subject matter.
- Teachers must have the ability to communicate effectively in Arabic and English using a variety of media.
- Teachers must have educated native proficiency in Modern Classical Arabic.
- Teachers must have a demonstrated ability to teach Arabic to non-native speakers of the language.
- Teachers must have the ability to evaluate student performance and provide constructive feedback.
Typical Teacher Job Responsibilities
- Providing a meaningful program of instruction to students through the preparation of course material and the instructing of assigned classes.
- Preparing for assigned classes and documenting preparation in detail.
- Maintaining a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to effective learning.
- Working to develop the characters and personalities of the students through a meaningful character education program.
- Using a variety of means to ensure a high level of communication with parents including weekly class handouts, web posts and frequent telephone calls, emails and parent conferences.
- Providing continuous student evaluation consistent with established teacher and school objectives, goals and policies.
- Identifying the special needs of students and taking appropriate action to meet them early on.
- Maintaining accurate records as required by school policies and regulations.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings, school functions, and parent-teacher activities.
- Working with other staff members as a team to plan and organize student activities and programs.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Renaissance offers a benefits package that includes health insurance, staff tuition discount, sick leave and annual vacation.
How to apply
If you wish to mail your resume, please send it to: PO Box 80735, Austin, TX 78708